GaryCon 2024 XVI - Events Submitted!


Event submissions and badge sales have begun over at the GaryCon website! I'm going to go back to what I love to do - running games at GC! 

I've got four submitted. If life and events permit me time to prepare, I might schedule a fifth - my revised "Rescue of Hommlet" game -- but it's looking more likely that'll have to wait - going to be a very busy fall/winter!

Here's what I'm running:

Saga of a Battlestar

Action stations! The old Battlestar Lance survived the attack on the 12 Colonies with a refugee fleet of ships - but it can't jump to safety! Now it's up to you to save the fleet in this game using the 1977 Classic Traveller rules. You'll have a chance to explore, make decisions and, if the Lords of Kobol favor you, save the day and help the Lance and its rag-tag fleet escape! Pregens provided.

The Sublevels of the Black Maw - Gary/David tribute

Blackmoor and Greyhawk - the two original D&D campaigns find themselves represented in my Dungeon23 megadungeon! Choose one or all of the three doors that beckon. Explore several deadly sublevels and come away with glory and riches, or at least fun deaths to celebrate! You'll be using pregens, with OD&D + Chainmail as your game set.

Ford over Troubled Waters

Orcs/goblins hold Castle Ost! The Civilized Races hold Giant's Keep. Between them is lie the ruins of the old Fordhold, with a dragon living there! Who will take Fordhold? Who will defeat the dragon and claim its hoard? Take one of two sides and fight to the finish using Chaos Wars: a fun set of old school miniatures rules w/lots of 25mm Ral Partha figures on the table! Prizes awarded to players!

I guess I'm hitting that point where I can now go back and grab games from a few years ago and run them again. I ran "Ford over Troubled Waters" a lot in 2018, it's a fun scenario! Two armies about to crash together... and a dragon in the middle who might hold loot and/or weapons to give either side an edge!

Saga has been playtested and will get its trial by fire at GameHoleCon, so that's an easy one to also run at GaryCon. 

The new event - my tribute to Gary and David - are based on sublevels I created for my Dungeon23 megadungeon. They each take inspiration from the campaigns and OD&D supplements, plus I'm throwing in another sublevel of my own, but definitely taking cues from the other two. 

I'm picturing three doors, one with a "G" on it, one with a "D" on it and the third bearing a "?". 

Pick a door!



Comments