One Hour Wargames - Unit Trays / Movement Trays for 15/25mm figures

Here's the finished results of the WIP "One Hour Wargame" (1HW) unit/movement trays. I blogged the WIP a couple of weeks ago

 

With 15mm figures:

With 25mm figures:



I used:
  • 3/32" x 4" x 24" - flat basswood (1 sheet)
  • 3/16" x 24" "sticks" - basswood (2 sticks)
  • Tacky glue
I built them based on this blog post's approach.

The finishing touches was priming, painting a red/blue stripe on the back edge (for easy identification of the sides, per the 1HW "red" vs. "blue" approach), painting the "ground", applying sand and static grass and voila!

I am really looking forward to trying out 1HW in campaign scenarios. The rules are very simple and the resolution of the battle should be within an hour, making it very doable for a campaign. I am going to be working on my thoughts and ideas of how to incorporate magic, fantasy creatures and PCs into the mix, but first, some scenarios that are straight, BtB to learn the game.

Comments