Dungeon23 (Wk 14) - Different sorts of monsters

 Another addition to my personal, locally-hosted Dungeon23 generator, I added the Random Esoteric Creature Generator tables to it.


I think it's time to give my players something else to think about - not necessarily this monster, but something "different". 

That's something I've always tried to do in my games - twist the standard Greyhawk monsters from AD&D into something of my own world and ideas. 

Daniel of Bandit's Keep podcast had an interesting discussion on that, where he talks about if one goes back to OD&D, and even Chainmail, and reads them as if this was the first time seeing that monster, and reading the rules literally, rather than through the lenses of Holmes/AD&D/Moldvay/etc... new and interesting ideas come out. : https://open.spotify.com/episode/66nr84Fwub8cMuPIKTiL9F?si=fVYqK97OTLWVgDuaXQLqNQ

----

I'm done with mapping Level 5, now begins the keying. I am starting to see, just from room contents, why Level 5 has been a lodestone for those seeking fame and fortune in the Black Maw. What's funny is that this came out in play a couple of sessions ago!

Dungeon23 stats: as of week 14

  • Levels: 6
  • Rooms: 332 (15 added in wk 14)
  • Levels 1 - 4: mapped/keyed.
  • Level 5: mapped/keying in progress
  • Level 6 connected.
  • 3 sublevels mapped/keyed, 1 sublevel connected/not yet started
  • Town: Created, 7 locations/NPCs keyed.
-----

Comments