Dungeon23 (Wk 13) - Door mini-game

A very quick Dungeon23 update, as this has been a "roll and draw, roll and draw" sort of week.

The only thing of note is thinking about a little mini-game I do with doors now, in relationship to the AD&D 1e DMG random dungeon generator tables that I use.

If you roll for an exit out of a chamber/room, there's a slight implication that room exits are passageways, and chamber exits are doors.


Like I said... slight. But on that basis, I mostly play a little mini-game for each door. 

If it's a normal exit, roll a d6 - 1-5 door, 6 passage. (been thinking about flipping that for a room vs chamber). Second d6: 1-5 unlocked, 6 barred/locked/spiked.

If it's a secret door, I ignore the text below Table V.D. and do the following: 1d20 - 1-5 concealed door, 6-10, secret one-way door (1-3 in/4-6 out), 11-20 regular secret door.

Like I said, it's a mental mini-game, mainly to break some of the tedium of rolling a bunch of exits.

----

One fun bit - I discovered a long-forgotten surprise on my RPG bookcase and it will drive Level 6 creation - courtesy of a Kickstarter and a no-longer-available item. I'll surprise you next month! :)


Dungeon23 stats: as of week 13

  • Levels: 6
  • Rooms: 317 (29 added in wk 13)
  • Levels 1 - 4: mapped/keyed.
  • Level 5: mapping in progress
  • Level 6 connected.
  • 3 sublevels mapped/keyed, 1 sublevel connected/not yet started
  • Town: Created, 7 locations/NPCs keyed.
-----

Comments

Post a Comment