Classic Traveller Supplement - Seluna's Veil

 

I participated in my first "jam" back in June and used the opportunity to flesh out a portion of a subsector for my potential Traveller/Battlestar Galactica campaign. So, Seluna's Veil was created!


Seluna's Veil - hosted on itch.io

SPOILER WARNING: If you're going to be a player in my campaign, you might want to skip reading this supplement. 

Despite the last fifty years of war with the Cylons, adventurous Scouts have begun actively exploring Seluna’s Veil. We have already found several systems already with a rich variety of features, some even harboring alien animal and plant life! The nature of the Veil’s makeup makes it very difficult to explore. It is a region of space filled with high-energy particles and gasses from a stellar explosion long ago. Those same hauntingly beautiful gasses and particles that have illuminated our colonial skies for generations also prevent our scanners and scopes from peering deep into that region of space. Each jump that a scout makes is a leap to new discoveries waiting to be found…
(Promotional recruitment pamphlet for the Colonial Scout Service) 

Table of Contents:
  • BACKGROUND 
  • HOW TO USE THIS SUPPLEMENT 
  • MAP OF THE VEIL 
  • SUMMARY OF PLANETARY INFORMATION
  • KNOWN LOCATIONS WITHIN THE VEIL (10 planets with unique information on each)
  • UNDISCOVERED LOCATIONS WITHIN THE VEIL (2 locations)
  • REFEREE GUIDE A - BSGTU SETTING NOTES 
  • REFEREE GUIDE B - RANDOM ENCOUNTER EVENTS 
  • REFEREE GUIDE C - SITUATION DIFFICULTY GENERATOR 
This supplement is a way of implementing an area where the players could go to escape the Cylons, but not follow in the same footsteps as the 1978 and 2003 TV series. My hope is that other Traveller referees could mine it for ideas or with a few alterations to fit within their own campaigns!

And, I found an excuse to work in a Dyson Logos map, with permission, so there you go!

Doing a jam felt very similar to doing the Dungeon23 - just doing a bit a day and plugging along steady-as-she-goes till I was done. It was a great experience and I'll think about doing them in the future!

Let me know what you think!

As a quick, happy update on my BSGTU, the playtests have been going very well! CT77 continues to be an excellent choice for providing a framework to support this setting. The single combat we've had so far was quick! The playtesters are about to go on their most dangerous (and potentially most successful) part of the scenario... back to the now-conquered colonies to seek out parts to fix their broken Battlestar!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. I'll hold off reading it for now in case I get a chance to play. Really an inspired idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Achieved two goals with one thing.

      I hope you do get a chance! If you haven't reached out to me about the campaign already by my email, feel free to do so! (I may not recognize you from your Blogger profile if you have already, sorry.)

      Delete

Post a Comment