The Miniatures Pledge - July


My pledge for the year is to paint everything in my backlog, which at the beginning of January was at 415 figures. I will limit my miniatures buying to any of the new Ral Partha figures coming from the Chaos Wars Wave 2 Kickstarter, and any needed figures to support specific things in my campaigns.

Well, July for me was a down month – with lots of weekend traveling, activities and plenty of distractions. Very little done but the brush did touch metal and I did get a little bit of gaming in. 

I started May with 254 figures in the pile.

I painted 5 figures – all 25mm.

3 – 25mm Elven Archers (Ral Partha)
2 – 25mm AD&D Thieves Set (Grenadier)

I ended the month with 249 figures in the pile. For the year, I have a net of +166 figures.

And "no purchases"! SIX months in a row and counting! I think I might be setting a record here of sorts.

It's been a very quiet time for me this month, a lot of non-gaming activities. 

Comments

  1. You are made of sterner stuff than I, sir.

    I have about half your backlog, and every time I look at it I just sort of want to stick it back in the cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try 30 minutes a day. Or every other day. Just some paint on the metal. That's all it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get hot!

    Just kidding. I have a somewhat smaller backlog but I keep buying stuff, so I have little room to talk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Keith - I'm trying to paint down to below 200 so that when my Ral Partha Kickstarter rewards show up, I'm still below my previously low threshold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in serious trouble when the Kickstarter drops. My dad is in for over $400 and decided he doesn't want them so he's sending them to me (he's 80, so I understand why he doesn't want to paint them all!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment